To better serve our patients with information and services, we provide the following links:
Self-Care and Learning
- American Cancer Society — the best place to begin for screening guidance and advice on cancer prevention and detection.
- Nutrition.gov — a US government website to answer nutrition related questions, advice on how to begin and maintain healthy eating habits.
- President’s Council on Fitness – time-tested resource to answer fitness-related questions with advice on how to begin and maintain good exercise habits.
- The American Heart Association — a great resource to learn more about high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and related problems.
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) — An excellent starting point, with guidance on how to lower cholesterol, prevent heart attacks, stroke, and vascular disease.
- Dr. James Pautz, MD, FACC — Cardiologist located in our offices at Mill Creek Family Practice
- Dr. William Stanley, MD FACC — Cardiologist located in our offices at Mill Creek Family Practice
- Kid’s Health.org — this site is maintained by Nemours, a non-profit organization devoted to children’s health, and is an excellent starting point for learning about your child’s health care needs.
- Car Safety Seats — A Guide for Families-This site, maintained by the American Academy of Pediatrics, will provide answers to all questions related to your child’s car seat and car safety.
- American Diabetes Association — the definitive resource to learn about diabetes care and prevention. This site provides in-depth information on diet, exercise, and other lifestyle changes which can improve quality of life.
- Medline Plus — a comprehensive database of health information culled from the National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health (see above), and other respected sources. Includes a medical encyclopedia and dictionary.
- Family Doctor.org — A medical database produced by the American Academy of Family Physicians.
Mental Health and Addiction
- Providence Health System — A well-established behavioral health and chemical dependency treatment facility for both inpatient and outpatient needs.
- Lakeside Milam — Chemical dependency treatment and support with both inpatient andoutpatient services. Multiple locations throughout the Puget Sound area.
- Travelers’ Health — a subsection of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) web site devoted to helping travelers prepare for their journeys.