At Mill Creek Family Practice, we are patient-friendly, family-friendly, and we strive to make your access to health care as easy and hassle-free as possible. We participate with most major insurance carriers, including (but not limited to):
Aetna, Cigna, First Choice, HMA, PHCS, Premera, Regence, and United Healthcare. To inquire about insurance coverage or any other billing matter, please call (425) 338-4009 to speak with our professional billing staff.
On each office visit, please provide us with: your current address, phone number, photo ID, and a current, valid insurance card, so that we are able to bill charges and process claims accurately and speedily.
Collection of Co-Payments
Co-pays, co-insurance, and any patient-responsibility balance are due at the time of service. For your convenience, we accept:
- Credit: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover.
Annual Physical and Preventive
Mill Creek Family Practice, PLLC, believes in the importance of preventative care services. Your yearly examinations and your child’s ‘Well Child’ visits play an important part in stopping preventable diseases.
- What is a Physical and what does it include? This varies depending on your insurance coverage. Our office does not know what your individual benefits are. You are responsible for obtaining this information from your insurance company.
- A Physical is essentially a ‘Well Visit’. During this visit, we will discuss disease prevention and healthy lifestyle choices, order appropriate lab tests for screening purposes, and give immunizations (when appropriate). Your insurance may or may not cover this visit.
- A Physical does not cover discussion or treatment of medical problems with a distinct diagnosis, or medications used to treat your medical problems. While your doctor may be willing to discuss any and all of your medical issues at your Physical visit, time allowing. Be aware that this will be charged as a ‘Problem Visit’. Your insurance company may require a co-pay for both visits and will likely apply the ‘Problem Visit’ toward your deductible.
- Some insurance companies include limited laboratory testing as part of your Physical. Your doctor may order additional testing which is not covered in the Physical. You would then be personally responsible for any additional laboratory costs. It is your responsibility to know which tests your insurance will cover.
- Your provider may request a return visit, should tests or lab results disclose abnormal findings. This return visit will not be covered under your Physical and will be charged as a ‘Problem Visit’.
- Your provider codes your visits according to the insurance requirements for the issues covered and the documentation noted. Neither the clinic, nor your provider, will change the type of service billed, if your insurance company denies payment. Please do not as your provider to do this, as it may be construed as insurance fraud.
Types of Claims We Don’t Accept
We don’t accept Labor and Industries (L&I) claims for on-the-job injuries or motor vehicle claims. Third party injury claims are your financial responsibility as we do not provide third party billings. We provide documentation of services rendered as evidence for your third party claims.You will be responsible for paying these at the time of service.
In-and Out-of-Office Services
As a full-service, family health care provider, Mill Creek Family Practice offers all patients the convenience of on-site Imaging and Laboratory services.
- Lab services will be billed through LabCorp.
- Pathology services will be billed through Cellnetix.
- Cardiology services will be billed through UW Medicine.
- Orthopedic services will be billed through Proliance Edmonds Orthopedic Center.
- Spine & Neurosurgical services will be billed through Evergreen Health.
- OB/GYN services will be billed through UW Medicine.
It is your responsibility to know whether these companies are in-network with your insurance.
Missed Appointment Without Appropriate Notice
To better serve all of our patients, we require 24-hour notice of appointment cancellation. If notice is not given, you may be responsible for a $100 charge.
Reports and forms produced and signed outside of an appointment time may incur a $35 fee.
Checks that are returned for non-sufficient funds (NSF) will incur a $35 fee.
Special Payment Arrangements
To inquire about setting up a payment plan, please call our professional billing staff at (425) 338-4009.